Sunday, August 16, 2009

August 15, 2009

Well it's been so long since I have posted that I don't really know where to start. Every time I think about updating I think about how much I have to catch you up on and how many pictures I have to go through and it just seems too daunting. So I keep putting it off...

Well, I think I will try to give you the cliff notes (or as we called it in high school - the yellow version) of the last month, post a few pics and then move forward.

*Julianna and I moved out of my parents house and into a little condo in a tiny town called Davidson. It is a college town about halfway between my parents and Ryan. We are very happy in our new place and the town is darling. We are already loving the little library downtown. Yes, this is a BIG deal. This move has been really exciting and wonderful but also very hard and a bit sad for me. But it was definitely time for me to move on and forward!

*I promised Julianna a kitten after we moved to the new house, mostly to ease the transition. She loves the new place but misses Mimi and Poppy terribly. Anyway, we have a new little WILD ginger cat! She named him Pumpkin all by herself.

*One of my VERY bestest friends had the most beautiful baby boy on July 29th. Welcome to the world John Wilder Bancroft. You are already loved by so very many people!




*Julianna gets smarter and funnier and more beautiful every day. I have been trying to keep a little journal of some of the darling/funny/brilliant things she has been saying lately. I'll try to share a few each post for a while. Here are a few:

******

Julianna is absolutely mad about my parents' cat Oscar. She is ALWAYS trying to get him to "snuggle" with her. She finally, after almost a year, got him to lie down with his head on her lap. She was thrilled. She said "Oscar, I am so proud of you!" Hee.



**********

I was sitting on the edge of the bathtub with my feet in the water during J's bath. She decided that she wanted to do the same. She was obviously very wet and SLIPPERY. She started to slip off the edge and I caught her.

Me: That was a close one!
Julianna: Good save Mama!

***********

Mimi takes art classes. She showed Julianna one of the paintings she was working on. Julianna said, completely unprompted and with so much sincerity it would make you cry, "Bootiful Painting, Mimi."

*************

Mimi and I were singing "the Itsy Bitsy Spider" and I really drew out the ending, singing "climbed up the spout again" like a (dreadful) opera singer. Julianna said "Bravo! Bravo!". Where does she get this stuff?

********

Jules and I put together a big puzzle train the other day and our new kitty came and walked across it, breaking it apart. After patiently repairing the damage she very calmly said to the cat, "You do that again and you gonna have a time out."

********

Julianna is crazy about birds and loves to look at bird encyclopedias. She can definitely identify more birds than I can - really. Well, I almost fainted when we were reading a Mercer Mayer book and there was a blue bird drawn on one of the pages. I said just glancing at it, "Look Julianna there's a Blue Jay" to which she replied, "No Mama, that's a Kingfisher". I didn't even know what a kingfisher looked like. I had to look it up on the internet, but I'll be damned if she wasn't right. Whoa.


Bird in book


Actual Kingfisher

Pics from the past several weeks:

The Atlanta Pics I promised:


Julianna and Jay. They were just precious together.


I LOVE this pic! Julianna has said more than once since we were in Atlanta, "I miss Jay."


Katy, Hannah, Jay, and Ansley. Would you look at the eyes on those kids?!!


All 4 kids were MESMERIZED by this largest saltwater tank in the country (world??)!


What a jump!

Other Pics:




What a cheeser!!!







I let Julianna go a little wild with the markers! It started off just "painting" my toenails...


At the ice cream shop in downtown Davidson.


Julianna and "Punkin" snuggling.



Julianna thinks she is a "ballnernina" right now and is forever twirling and jumping. "Watch this Mama!" is the most often heard phrase in our house right now.



Julianna checking out baby John. She pronounced him "SOOOOO CUTE!!"

Ok, so more like unabridged War and Peace than abbreviated cliff notes but atleast I did it. I think it was a lie I needed to tell myself to get started :)

No comments:

Post a Comment