Sunday, August 23, 2009

August 23, 2009

More pics and a couple more stories. That kid has me laughing a good lot of the time. She is such a little rascal! She is also so darn sweet, I could cry right this moment just thinking about it.

********

I made some elbow macaroni the other day and just put a bit of butter, salt, and the tiniest bit of pepper on it. When I sat it in front of Julianna she promptly pushed it away.

Julianna: I can't eat it.
Me: Why?
Julianna: I can't eat dirt!!

I guess the pepper really stood out on the white pasta and she was convinced I was serving her dirt. It took a lot of convincing to get her to believe it was like "black salt" and definitely NOT dirt!

***********

We were driving down the interstate the other day and I looked up at the clouds. I thought one looked distinctly like an alligator. I then said to Julianna, "What do the clouds look like?". She was quiet for a while and then said "I see a alligator." What????!! Mind you, I said absolutely NOTHING about an alligator. So either the kid looked up into the sky, saw the same cloud that I did and also thought it looked like an alligator or she has mad psychic powers and knew that's what I was thinking about. Crazy!

**********

We were again driving down the road and Julianna said "I see a Dinosaur", and pointed to the side of the road. And I swear the way the kudzu was growing up a telephone pole, it looked EXACTLY like a T-Rex!

By the way, after birds, Dinosaurs are her favorite things!

********

Julianna was playing in the bath tub last night and was being down right NAUGHTY!! She was splashing me, drinking the bath water, and screaming - All of which I told her to stop doing about a hundred times. I finally said, in a very exasperated tone, "JULIANNA, YOU ARE SO.....", but stopped myself and didn't finish my statement. I'm not even sure what I was going to say - maybe "naughty" or "wild" - who knows.

Anyway:

Me: JULIANNA, YOU ARE SO....
Julianna: Precious!

Once again, I couldn't keep myself from laughing and only said "That's not exactly the word I was thinking of!"

***********

Ok, last one.

We were over at Mimi and Poppy's today to go out on the boat and swimming in the lake. Anyway, before we went out Julianna was coloring at their dining room table. Poppy came up to her and said that her picture was beautiful or something to that effect. She replied, completely unprompted, "Thank you Poppy."

I just LOVE it when I see her demonstrate good manners so naturally and sincerely completely on her own. Love it! (We don't want any Thingamajigs aroung here, right Granddaddy?)


Playground Pics:





Big girl going down the BIG slide!




Here's the precious one now. She looks so darn ornery doesn't she?!


Love this pic!


Her darling new chair at Mimi's.


On the boat.


Lake swimming! She had the greatest time and really believed she could swim all the way across the lake to the far shore! I told her, "I don't think we can make it". She said, "I can". Gotta love the confidence!




We got lucky this flock of geese came along. The only way we could get her out of the water was to bribe her with feeding them. They are getting a snack of leftover french fries and sugar cookie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment