Sunday, August 30, 2009

August 30, 2009

Dropping off a bunch of cute pics and a couple cute stories from the last couple of days.

******

Swimming in the pool with Julianna.

Julianna: Owwww. I hurt my soul.
Me: What do you mean you hurt your soul?
Julianna: (Pointing to the bottom of her foot) My sole! I hurt my sole!

*******

As I mentioned last post, Julianna is crazy about Dinosaurs and can identify several of them. Rather than carnivores and herbivores, she classifies them as either Mean or Nice. I think it's obvious which fall into each category.

I bought her some Dinosaur flash cards from the $1 bin at Target the other day. I swear we had just run through them once or twice at the most. Anyway she took the cards to Dada's house on Thursday and pulled the first one out and said, "Look Dada, it's a Ankysaurus". Of course, we had to look at the card ourselves to see if she was right. It was an Ankylosaurus! I will say that Ryan also has several little dinosaur toys and books and things, so she probably was exposed to it more than the one time we went though the cards, but still - this was no run of the mill t-rex or stegosaurus!

***********

I just talked to Ryan and he said that Julianna showed him another card and said "It's a Iguanadon. It's Mama's favorite."

The Iguanadon had stripes like a zebra and I did say when we were looking at the cards, "Oohh Julianna, look at this one. It has stripes like a zebra. I think it might be my favorite."

I'm telling you, this kid has the most incredible memory!

********

Ok, 'nuff bragging on her. Here are the pics:




Reading Danny and the Dinosaur.













Wandering around the beautiful Davidson College Campus. It's not Chapel Hill, but it's close. Go Heels!







She's walking backwards in this one.




Lollipop bouquet!

No comments:

Post a Comment