Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Love Day!!!

Givin' my girl extra tight squeezes today! I don't get too deep into the Valentine's thing, but it doesn't hurt to stop and take a few moments to be thankful for all the love and loved ones you have in your life.

Julianna and I were lazy this morning and watched a few episodes of the Wonder Pets (a cartoon on Noggin' that she is really into these days), went out and ran a couple of errands, and then made our daily trip down to the docks to throw things (mostly rocks, but a few sticks and leaves usually too) into the lake. She NEVER EVER tires of this game and more than once I have ended up carrying her back to the house crying because she wants to throw "MORE ROCKS PLEEEEEESE".

Jules is napping now, but I am afraid her napping days are numbered. EEEEK! I am going to cling desperately to them for as long as possible though. Some days she just plays in her crib for over an hour and never falls asleep (and then is VERY grouchy by bedtime), and then some days she falls right to sleep (probably the days after she refuses to nap, right?) and sleeps for a couple of hours, but then I have a heck of a time putting her down to bed at a reasonable time. Anyone have any advice that doesn't involve scrapping the naps altogether???

A few pictures of my little Valentine from this morning:







Picking out just the right "big stick".


"Oh yeah, this is a GOOOOD stick."




I got Julianna a teeny tiny Valentine's treat. Some of those foam letters and numbers that stick to the tub (they were in the SUPER clearance aisle at Wal-Mart), which she was totally thrilled with. Speaking of letters, let me take this opportunity to brag on my girl a bit. At just barely 2, she knows ALL of her letters and ALL of their sounds. And she can do it backwards or forwards, for example "What does a _ say" or "What letter says _?". I know you are rolling yours eyes again, but I just can't help myself. Hee.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Love Day to you too! I really like the pictures and that is AMAZING that Julianna knows all of her letters and their sounds. Way to go to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feliz dia del amor y de la amistad
    what a beautiful girl

    ReplyDelete