Monday, February 9, 2009

February 10, 2009 - Inaugural Post

Hmm.... I'm not sure where to begin. I want to give this blogging thing another shot. It's been a long time and I have had intentions to return to blogging for months (I know, my road has long been paved...) but somehow just didn't have the heart to start back on the old page. As most of you know, there have been a lot of changes for our family in the past several months. I think I will leave it at that for now. I think that part of the reason that I haven't had the courage to begin this again is that I don't quite know what to say about, well everything. So I think I will just talk about my girl and save the rest for another day.


Julianna continues to be the sweetest, funniest, most darling child ever. There is never a dull moment. She is an absolute chatterbox and cracks me up even when she isn't trying to - which can really make her mad!!! She has a clear idea of when you are laughing with her and when you are laughing at her. She is starting to test me quite often and definitely has an ornery glint in her eye a good lot of the time! I know that I should take her discipline in hand here pretty soon, but most of the time I find my self laughing at her antics and can't quite find the solemnity that discipline requires. Oh well, I suppose there are worse things in this world than a spoiled child. For the most part, despite my shortcomings as a parent, Julianna is sunshine and light. She loves her parents and grandparents and aunts and uncles (and honorary aunts and uncles too). She is incredibly affectionate (the absolute BEST hugger) and laughs easily. She goes to a little music class once a week and loves to dance and sing and play with the other kids. She is just moony for the little girls who are about 5 years old. They think she is darling and she thinks they are rock stars! She is super bright (are you all rolling your eyes yet?) and amazes me with something new every single day. She is the greatest and there is not one single day that goes by that I don't realize that despite all the "stuff" going on, I am truly the luckiest mama on earth.


So, I think that I will just post a couple of pics from the last couple of weeks rather than try to take on catching you up on the last several months. I may try to go through and post some older pics at some point, but I am afraid that if I bite off more than I can chew I will never get this thing going. So without further ado....







Playing the harmonica!


Picture that Ryan took. She looks 5 in this pic!



Julianna LOVES, LOVES, LOVES her kitty!!!!


Watching the skiers on Beech Mountain (right down the road from Granddaddy and Grandmama's mountain house). She was fascinated by the people flying by on the chairlifts! By the way, the beautiful hat she is wearing was knitted by her Great Grandmother Fox.



On the porch.





3 comments:

  1. Yea! I am so excited to see you blogging again. Julianna is just adorable! I love the first picture! Have a great day.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. She absolutely is SO precious...as well as THE most photogenic child ever... I've heard how brilliant she is, and I do believe it! :) You are very blessed, indeed!
    With love,
    Susan Dillier

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics, especially the one of her sitting on the porch. I still think that could be the cover to an L.L. Bean catalog. And you're right - she is the greatest, even though the situation isn't. She is everything that is beautiful and pure. Sitting between the shade and the shadow, she is light.....

    ReplyDelete