Sunday, December 27, 2009

December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas! I hope the holidays are treating everyone well. I know that they are not the easiest of times for a lot of people. I have ALWAYS loved this time of year (pretty much regardless of the circumstances - and I have had a doozy or two), but have to admit that I am finding it a bit challenging this year. Just dealing with the same stuff that I have been dealing with all year. Adjusting to life as a "fractured" family, or whatever, is particularly tough this time of year - especially for us, as really most of the important dates in our lives fall into about a month stretch. It is just so hard to be away from my daughter during some really special times. I just miss her so much and know that I am not part of a lot of really great memories she is making. That is just hard.

That being said, we've had some wonderful and memorable times in the past week or so also. And Julianna got to have no less than two birthday and two Christmas celebrations! Hey, there has to be some benefit to the whole "D word", right? Julianna really "got" the whole Santa thing this year and was just darling! My whole family was together for Christmas this year and Julianna reveled in all of the attention of her aunts, uncle, grandparents, and four-legged cousins! She was her usual mix of silly and sweet, and we had a wonderful time. The little birthday celebration we had here at the condo was pretty cute and a lot of fun too.

I took hundreds (and hundreds!) of pictures in the last week, so I truly have done some SERIOUS culling. But still, there are a ton of pics!

Birthday Pics





"Helping" Baby John unwrap the Christmas presents she got for him.




Snow White and the Dwarfs - She knows all 7!


Her Princess Cake!




Mama and her 3 year old!






Julianna was bringing little toys and things, like this bear, to Baby John all afternoon. She just ADORES him.


In her new tutu! She accessorized with snow boots! Please ignore the mess still on the table from the birthday party!


Now with crocs...



Snow Pics
We got a rare few inches of snow on Juianna's birthday.



Throwing a snowball.


Just cute!



Christmas Eve Pics:







Decorating our Gingerbread house.






With "Uncle Joey!" She adores him, but he is SUCH a teaser! He had her in tears because he held up a pair of plyers and threatened to pull one of her teeth! She did NOT think it was a bit funny! When I asked her hours later about Uncle Joey teasing her, she slapped her hand over her mouth. Hee!




Getting ready for Santa. She left him cookies and 9 carrots - one for each of the reindeer.


The note she pretty much dictated to me. She did NOT want him to come down the chimney, so we suggested he come through the door - for his own good, obviously!


Playing with the puppies and Auntie Fish.


Watching, and loving, the Grinch.


Looks like she got into Santa's cookies!


The children were nestled, all snug in their beds...

Christmas Morning:

I know it looks like a ton of presents, but there were 7 of us on Christmas morning!


Julianna's stocking. I think this was her favorite part! Some of the junk in the stocking is the stuff she played with the most. Figures...


Helping Auntie Stephanie unwrap a prezzie.


Laughing at Scruffy in her Snuggie! By the way, we ALL got snuggies, including Julianna and as evidenced here, the dogs!




One of my faves.





Some beautiful pics my sister took:




1 comment:

  1. Great pics,hope you and Julianna had a great Christmas.
    Darren

    ReplyDelete