Thursday, December 17, 2009

3 Years Old!!!

Tomorrow I will have a 3 year old!!! Oh dear. When you have a two year old you can still say, "I have a baby, she's 2". But 3 just doesn't sound like a baby anymore. I know I brag (and dote) on her all the time, but I can't let the occasion pass without saying that this child really is the joy and light of my life. She is so smart and beautiful and funny and kind and sensitive and affectionate. She is also a bit ornery and mischievous. And QUITE stubborn. I LOVE it! She is a little chatterbox, and as I've documented the last few months, just says the funniest, cutest, and most insightful things. She loves to sing and dance and laugh. She LOVES to play games, and baby dolls, and cook "like a chef" in her little kitchen. She loves books and words and can read many words on sight. She can actually sound out some basic words also. She has memorized a couple of books already and doesn't miss a word! Too funny! She's potty trained, sleeps in a "big girl" bed and, as a result, has pretty much given up naps. Every milestone is bittersweet. I am so proud of her, but also know it means she is growing up and getting a bit more independent with each one. I could go on for days and I still wouldn't do justice to my little girl. She is just such a blessing to me and her whole family. She is adored by so very many!

Happy Birthday Julianna! My love for you has no end.



****
I know I am big time over due for an update. We have been SO busy and I have so many pictures to share. Hopefully, I will the chance to post them in the next couple of days. Otherwise, I am afraid they will get lost in the Birthday/Christmas shuffle. I also have a bunch of videos I took at her little dance class I want to share if I can figure it out again.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Julianna!! 3! WOW.

    You are such a big girl! So Adorable and Smart too.
    Tracy Jens Alex and Anika

    ReplyDelete