Monday, January 4, 2010

January 4, 2009

Happy New Year! I have so many pre-christmas pics (and a couple super cute videos) still to share, but am afraid if I don't just get on with it I will just get too behind. So, here are a couple of cute pics/stories from this week and then I will try to go back and pick up a few of best ones in posts to come.

*******
Julianna and I were in the car at about 4:30, when the sun is at that angle where you just can't escape it.

Julianna: The sun!
Me: I know, it's pretty bright!
Juianna: It's like hot fire in my eyes!

Wow. Really? My little Sarah Bernhardt!

***********

Me: Julianna, is your nose running?
Julianna: Running?
Me: You know, dripping?
Julianna: You mean like when I am sad and the tears are dripping down my face?

Geez. Talk about melodramatic!

**************

Julianna and I were coloring and I had some design show on HGTV on in the background. She heard one of the designers say something about being left "high and dry." She said to me, "Mama, High and Dry. Those words rhyme." What? I swear, I have done little to no work on rhyming with her. Honestly, I was shocked that she even knew what the word "rhyme" meant. Ryan said he hasn't worked on it with her either. Who knows where she picks this stuff up. But she does totally get it and has been pointing out rhyming words ever since.

*************

I accidentally left a big mixing bowl that I was letting J play with during her bath sitting on the edge of the bathtub filled with water the other night. The cats were playing around in the bathroom and knocked it on to the floor. We heard the loud crash and ran in there. Julianna said, "Well, that was RUDE!" Hee! Indeed.

*********


Playing at Baby Thunderdome!




What a mess!


"Helping" Mimi with a jigsaw puzzle.


Playing a game with Auntie Stephanie on her Ipod.




Oh good gracious - that's one cute kid!!!!




Look at this child's legs! They look like toothpicks coming down out of her dress!




At her first movie in the theater! We were in a tiny theater and the movie was so loud! Really, I even wanted to cover my ears and Mimi said it actually HURT her ears. Needless to say, we didn't last for the whole movie. But she still says she had fun, so hopefully we didn't ruin movies for her for life!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures as always. Thanks for posting them. Love Granddaddy.

    ReplyDelete