Friday, March 27, 2009

Dandelion Catoniaster Berry Soup

Wednesday was a beautiful day and Julianna and I spent hours outside. She literally spent over an hour making "soup". She wanted some water in a bucket and then proceeded to scour the neighborhood looking for dandelions. We really did walk up and down the street looking them. She then added what seemed like a million berries (I am told they were from the catoniaster plant). It was probably more like fifty, but she pretty much added them one by one. Lastly she added one pinecone, decided that she just the right amount of each ingredient, then stirred and stirred and stirred it all up with a stick. She kept pretending to taste it and saying "Mmmm. Good soup". I really did get the biggest kick out of my little gourmet. What a hoot.

Another quick story - I was trying to get Julianna ready for bed the other night and I whispered to her "Are you ready to go night-night?" and she looked right at me and whispered back "No". I just cracked up.

Pictures from the week:

From the park in Weezie's neighborhood last weekend:



Don't worry, we were spinning this thing so slowly you could hardly detect movement. She just thought she was going super fast.






At Sonic with Granddaddy and Grandmama. She rode this thing atleast 4 times! So cute and well worth the $2 in quarters!


Soup in progress. I forgot to get a pic of the finished product...


Mmmmm






Cutie Patootie in the tub.

2 comments:

  1. What a great imagination Julianna has. I am glad she had so much fun outside. The soup making is an idea I am going to try when it gets warmer here. I love the last picture of her in the tub she looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granddaddy said: I noticed when she was with us last weekend she was examining a pine cone. Must have been thinking of things for her soup. Tell her Granddaddy says her soup looks yummy....

    ReplyDelete