Sunday, March 14, 2010

March 18, 2010

I know, I know... Long time, no post. We have been pretty busy and have been celebrating a ton. Since I last posted Mimi, Great Grandmother Fox (92), Great Grandpa Joe (95), and Grandmama have celebrated their birthdays! Happy birthday to you all. We love you all so much!

Julianna and I were able to celebrate Great Grandmother's birthday with her. Julianna had the best time. She and Great Grandmother were great friends! When we left Julianna cried in the car saying "I miss Great Grandmother!" and the next day said "I LOVE Great Grandmother. She is VERY nice!" I was so glad they got to spend that time together!

Julianna has been saying the funniest things, but I have been a bit negligent in that I haven't been as good about writing them down. I always think that what she says is SO cute and clever that I couldn't possibly forget. But then, sadly, when I sit down to type, I draw a blank. But I did write down a couple over the past couple of weeks.

*************
Because I do try to write down things that she says that make me laugh or go all gooey inside, she is used to me finding any scrap of paper and writing it down. So now if I laugh particularly hard or ooh and aah quite a bit at something she says, she will say, "Mama, you better go write that down." Hee!!!

***********

Julianna drew a picture and then wanted to tell me a story about the picture. She was keen on me writing it down, so she was quite patient in the telling. I wrote it down verbatim. She thinks it is a great story and loves to look at the picture she drew and have me read it back to her.

The story:

Once upon a time there was a blue monster with two kitty cat tails. He ran away from a giant. He was scared of the giant. There was a witch too. The witch said, "I'm going to eat you up!" A nice elephant come and said, "I'm a elephant and I'm nice." Then the giant picked up the witch. The witch said, "I'm a girl and I'm going to eat you up Giant." Then a blue kickety kick ball come up to the monster and said, "How you doin?" "I'm good" the blue monster said. Then the blue monster took the kickety kickball and went back home to the forest with his mommy and daddy and friends. THE END.

***************

I often sing about whatever we are doing to tunes of songs Julianna is familiar with. The other night I was singing to the frere jacques tune.

"It is time to brush your hair"

And Julianna came in with perfect timing, and sang, "Not my teeth, not my teeth!"

It was SO funny. I'm not sure if it really translates quite right written down, but trust me, it was a scream. And I really couldn't have written a better next line myself.

***********

Ryan told me this one, but it is too darling.

Julianna: Thank you for playing playdoh with me Dada.
Ryan: Thank you for playing with me. I'm having so much fun too.
Julianna: You're the greatest Daddy in the whole world!

************

Just to balance out that sugary sweet one above... Julianna got mad at me. I can't remember whether I wouldn't let her do something she wanted to or made her do something she didn't. The child stomped by me on the couch, stopped to pick up her doll on the floor in front of me and stomped on to her room and without even looking back in my direction yelled, "You're not very nice!" and slammed her door. A fine teenager she'll make, right? Yikes!

****************



Don't you just love Ikea?! Helping Poppy put a dresser together!

A walk at the college:





Showing me "something" cool!





Great Grandmother's Birthday:

Showing Great Grandmother all of her treasures!










Playing with her beloved buttons. Grandmama has a big jar of buttons and there is NOTHING Julianna would rather play with. She loves to touch them and sort them and pick out her favorites.


Giving Aunt Alina a present for her very first cousin! She is SO excited!


Taking a big girl shower!


She was singing a lullaby to her little kitten named "Heart" (He has a big red heart on his stomach).


So sweet!


OCD much? Look at this game that Julianna made up all by herself. This is a huge container of Jelly Beans. Julianna went and got all sorts of little plates and bowls out of her drawer and started sorting the beans into the different colors. She takes a big spoon and dumps a couple of big spoonfuls into the red lid. She then commences sorting. She is meticulous too. All variations of blue, green, red, orange, yellow, brown, etc. go together. It's really kind of pretty don't you think? When she gets them all sorted we dump them back in and she starts again.



Wishing well at Mimi and Poppy's club.


I LOVE this picture!

Playdate at her best friend's:





A walk in the woods on a beautiful, though brisk, day.


Look at my little mountain goat! She is not the most coordinated or fastest child, but man can she climb! She left us ALL in the dust.


So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment