Sunday, November 8, 2009

November 8, 2009

Well, as you'll see in one of the pictures below, Julianna and I got another cat. To make a very long story short - our little orange cat is completely psychotic and has tormented me every single night since we brought him home. I was at the point where I just couldn't take it any more. Seriously y'all, having a new baby was nothing compared to the sleep deprivation this darn cat was causing me. Anyway, I did some research and realized that I only had 2 options. Get rid of Pumpkin or get him another cat friend. Well, Julianna adores her cat, so I just couldn't see how in the world I would be able to explain getting rid of him. So anyway (Did I say short?), we have a new member of our family. She is a darling little black and white kitty. Pumpkin loved her INSTANTLY (really, no getting acquainted period at all), and the last 2 nights have been the best in months. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but so far so good.

Not much else to report. Today was beyond beautiful, so of course we headed over to the campus for a lovely fall walk. I can't even express how much we love it there.

Ok, couple of J stories:

**************

When I picked Julianna up from Ryan's on Friday, I had our new little kitten with us. Julianna was very anxious to get home to introduce her to Pumpkin. Ryan had helped us out to the car and was sitting in the backseat strapping Julianna into her carseat. Like I said, Jules wanted to get going right away and started to try to shoo Ryan away so we could get going.

Julianna: Dada, go back inside Dada's house.
Ryan: That's not very nice. Is that the way you talk to Dada?
Julianna: (in a syrupy sweet voice) Dada, get out please.

Ryan and I both laughed our heads off. What a little rascal!

***************

Jules occasionally watches a MOST horrible show called Yo Gabba Gabba. There is a little segment on the show called "Cool Tricks". Someone comes on and shows off some talent or the other. Now every time Julianna does anything she thinks is the least bit impressive, she says "Cool, cool, cool tricks!" (which is exactly how they say it on the show). Anyway, during her nap today it sounded like an elephant was stomping around in her room. I went in and asked her what in the world was going on. She was jumping on the bed and said, "I'm doing cool, cool, cool tricks!" I gave her a look (you know the one). She could tell I was less than impressed and said, "Mama LOVES cool trickses!" It was so cute, even if she was totally manipulating me! Darn she's good!

**********




My favorite. She seems very happy with the little twig she just found, no?




They keep the lawn so well manicured that it is a real treat to find a dandelion!


The weekly wall-walking pic.


"Look Mama, I'm Santa!"




Playing with the new kitty she named Spooky.


Julianna made this "Pony Train". She loves trains and loves to pretend to be the "ductor" and say "All Aboard!" She's never seen Thomas, maybe I should Tivo it for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment